Thrilling Beauty Finds {Drugstore favourites under $8}

I'm not the type of girl that wears a lot of makeup on a daily basis so spending more than ten dollars on makeup seems a little excessive. Most days, my makeup routine consists of concealer, blush, mascara and lip balm. On occasion, like outfit photo shoots, special events and dates, I like to look a little more pulled together and, I have learned that the drugstore cosmetic department has a lot to offer! Here are my favourite products, all under $8.  



This eyeliner is great for creating that perfect winged eyeliner or cat eye. After one use, I was pleasantly surprised by the easy application and long lasting formula. Not only did it have lasting power, it didn't transfer onto my eye lid, which is a problem I've encountered many times in the past. 

This palette gives me everything I need in one simple compact: primer, all over lid colour, crease colour, contour colour, highlighter and illuminator. The shadows are pearly but not overly shimmery. If u prefer a matte eye shadow I don't recommend this product. What impressed me the most about this palette is the primer. It's actually really great! It helps intensify the colour and helps the shadow stay in place. Overall a really great palette and very affordable! I have the Midtown Mauve which is suited for brown eyes.
  
This is a great mascara for the price. The consistency is a little thick and wet so it can take a while to dry, which might be a problem for some, but it's actually what I love the most about this product. It gives me the time to build the fullness that I want and once dry, it doesn't smudge or flake. Also, it washes off very easily!     

I love this product! This concealer is great for concealing the under eye area and blends really well. I wouldn't recommend using this to cover blemishes but it's great for dark circles.

This bronzer has been a favourite for many years. It's completely matte which is what I love the most about this product. I use it for bronzing and contouring. It blends easily and the colour is very realistic. Whether you are on a budget or not, this bronzer is amazing!

This is a recent favourite. This kit has a coloured gel/wax on the left and setting powder on the right. The colour is really natural and lasts all day. To start, I outline and blend with the coloured wax and use the powder to fill in and set. If, like me, you're not a fan of eye brow pencils, I definitely suggest you try this product!

This powder has been a favourite for years! It's the most expensive product on my list but still really affordable. If you have an oily t-zone, I highly recommend this product. I use it daily to set my concealer and to take away the shine on my nose and forehead. I have yet to find an affordable pressed powder that keeps me matte for 12 hours (probably doesn't exist) but this one holds up quite well. Normally I need to blot my face by mid afternoon.

Packed with Vitamin C, E and B5, these lip balms keep my lips soft, smooth, healthy and hydrated. They have a hint of colour but very sheer. They also smell REALLY good. On a budget or not, definitely my favourite lip balm.   

This nail polish really delivers! High shine and high pigment with just one coat. With two coats, this nail polish has lasted up to seven days! Really great product at an amazing price!! 

These chubby lip pencils are amazing! I have almost every shade. They are creamy, moisturizing and very pigmented. They feel more like a tinted balm than a lipstick. Some shades are more pigmented than others. Overall, a really great product.  

That concludes my favourite drugstore products under $8.

Thank you so much for reading! 



Share:

0 comments